We are a dealer for Janzer, Salsbury, Gaines Manufacturing and Whitehall Mailboxes. We have a huge catalog with a variety of styles, colors and different options to choose from. Call us at (208) 888-2159 for specific information or come by the shop to view our catalog for yourself.
Mailbox installation information
Placing the Mailbox
Here are some helpful guidelines to follow when installing your mailbox:
- Position your mailbox 41″ to 45″ from the road surface to the bottom of the mailbox or point of mail entry.
- Place your mailbox 6″ to 8″ back from the curb. If you do not have a raised curb, contact your local postmaster for guidance.
- Put your house or apartment number on the mailbox.
If your mailbox is on a different street from your house or apartment, put your full street address on the box.
- If you are attaching the box to your house, make sure the postal carrier can reach it easily from your sidewalk, steps, or porch.
Installing the Post
The best mailbox supports are stable but bend or fall away if a car hits them. The Federal Highway Administration recommends:
- A 4″ x 4″ wooden support or a 2″-diameter standard steel or aluminum pipe.
- Avoid unyielding and potentially dangerous supports, like heavy metal pipes, concrete posts, and farm equipment (e.g., milk cans filled with concrete).
- Bury your post no more than 24″ deep.